2022 Alabama Board of Nursing
Vacancy and Application
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 22, 2022
ASNA is accepting applications for two (2) different positions for registered nurses to serve on the Alabama Board of Nursing (ABN).
The qualifications, responsibilities, and compensation and nominating process for the two (2) different positions are as follows:
1.) Nursing practice - must be engaged in a nursing practice role or
administration within a health care facility
2.) Advanced practice - must be engaged in the role as an advanced practice
ABN board members are volunteers, do not receive a salary, and are not state employees. ABN members do receive compensation at each meeting if eligible and for travel, as set by the Board. (Usually comparable to state employee's per diem.)
Qualifications for both positions:
1. Citizen of the United States and Alabama Resident
2. A graduate of a state approved educational program for the preparation of
practitioners of professional nursing
3. Currently licensed professional nurse in Alabama and if applicable, Advanced
Practice certification and approval to practice
4. A minimum of five years successful professional nursing experience in an
administration, teaching, clinical, or advanced practice capacity
5. Must be actively engaged in nursing prior to and during appointment to the
Board of Nursing
Interviews will be held in Montgomery, AL at the ASNA Office the week of July 11, 2022.
Once nominations have closed a specific time and date will be assigned.
Deadline: June 22, 2022